This from the Commissioner:
I also noticed that JW had 3 guys on a bye, and made 2 attempts to notify him to update his lineup. He obviously did not do so. Upon further investigation, I found out that he has not logged into Yahoo since September 28. Now, I understand there may be many reasons for this, but his non-actions coupled with an email message to me that stated simply "you suck" leads me to wonder if this is not circumstance, but something more intentional. Until I hear from JW, I simply cannot tell.
Those of you that have been with GBS since it's infancy know that I strive to provide our teams with a highly competitive league, and more extracurricular fun than any other fantasy league in existence. The latter is merely a product of my insanity coupled with those who understand me. The former is the cornerstone of our fantasy league, and I have taken great care in selecting the teams to invite, and not inviting those who have been less than competitive in the previous year. The 2 California teams were not invited this year due to many infractions like this one in 2006. I truly believe all of you agree with this policy, as illustrated by the preceding post and a call I got on Sunday from the Spankers, who, at 0-5, were pissed that he was getting a free pass this week against the Killerbucks. I think Rick would rather be 0-6 against a competitive team, than to win in this fashion.
This is not a joke. I think you guys all know I take great pride in this league. Therefore, as commissioner, I have decided to step in and, in the interest of protecting the integrity of the league for the other teams, I have prevented the Killerbuckeyes from making any moves that would damage his team. He is currently able to set his lineup, but until I get to the bottom of this, I will be monitoring the team closely. The details of my actions can be viewed in the transactions log on the league home page. I will invoke my power to take over the team completely and make any moves neccesary using the players currently on that team to field a competitive starting lineup starting in week 7.
As I said before, there may be perfectly legitimate circumstances causing this, and if that is the case, I will return complete control over to JW. I will keep all of you informed via this medium if there are any further developments. Please feel free to voice your opinions on this matter.
The Commish
Monday, October 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment